I’m a training provider
Overview of a T Level
T Levels are new courses that launched in September 2020. These 2-year courses follow GCSEs and are equivalent to 3 A levels.
T Levels combine classroom theory, practical learning, and substantial industry placements (45 days) to make sure students have real experience of the workplace. T Level courses have been developed with employers and businesses, so the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work.
They are designed to provide the knowledge, skills and experience needed to open the door to entry-level skilled roles, a higher apprenticeship or further study including at university.
If you want to find out more, click here: Introduction of T Levels - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
You know what goes into a T Level, but let’s talk catering…
This T Level is:
- equivalent to 3 A Levels
- inclusive of an industry placement which will last a minimum of 45 days
- 80% classroom-based
- 20% work-based
- typically completed over two years
This qualification will cover several topics. These topics will form the elements of the core knowledge and understanding for the learner.
To find out more about our Qualification Overview, click here
We’re here to support and guide you
Further updates on the T Level Technical Qualification in Catering can be expected from us in Autumn 2022. To be among the first to hear about these updates, why not subscribe to our email updates to ensure you’re receiving the most current information.
We pride ourselves on our customer service. Here are a few of the things you can expect from us:
- your own dedicated account manager
- your calls answered within three rings, by a human (no automated phone systems for us!)
- a response to all emails within 24 hours
- dedicated and knowledgeable staff
- prompt and authoritative updates on regulatory changes
How you can influence the Catering Technical Qualification
If you think you would be able to support the development of such an important qualification, then we’d love to speak to you. By joining us in the development phase, you’ll be an integral part of our Provider Forum.
As a member of the forum, you’ll be required to offer specialist advice, ensuring that the qualification is developed in line with current teaching practice and industry standards, and the skills required in the sector.
To get in touch with us regarding this opportunity, simply complete the contact form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Now we’ve brought you up to speed, let’s look at your next steps…
Step one - Get more information here about how to register to deliver T Levels
Step two - Take a look at the T Level Professional Development (TLPD). The end goal of T Levels is to deliver great outcomes for learners and your support is key. This is a service led by the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), with no charge to providers delivering and planning to deliver T Levels.
Step three - Consider applying for T Levels capital Fund. The window for applications for Wave 5 of the Buildings and Facilities Improvement Grant is now open. This funding is for providers delivering T Levels in September 2024:
- Specialist Equipment Allocation (SEA) – a one off payment for providers to purchase industry standard equipment for each new T Level route it offers. Providers do not need to apply for the SEA – they will automatically receive an allocation if they complete their T Level data collection return.
- Buildings and Facilities Improvement Grant (BFIG), a bid-based grant for providers to refurbish existing facilities or create new space to support T Level delivery.
Please do consider applying for the Buildings and Facilities Improvement Grant. You are eligible to apply if:
- You are registered to deliver T Levels in the 2024 to 2025 academic year
- You have not previously received capital for the T Level route and site that you are applying for.
The deadline for applications is at midday on Friday 3 February. Guidance for applicants including information on how to apply, is on GOV.UK.
Additional support and guidance is available here: Support with delivering T Levels
Have a query?
Call the T Levels team on 01302 363277 or complete the form below detailing your query and we’ll get right back to you.